Skip to main content

Time to Degree Extension

This request is not for students moving to affiliated status/doctoral completion

A student who requires full-time enrollment beyond the standard period of seven years for a doctoral program or five years for a master’s program must request an extension of time to complete the degree by submitting the requisite form and supporting materials to his or her director of graduate studies for review.  The form must be accompanied by a detailed statement of progress toward degree requirements during the preceding academic year and a detailed plan for completing all degree requirements during the coming year or some other suitable period.

Requests for fall-term extensions will be accepted between April 15 and May 15. Students with loans or receiving federal aid should submit requests by April 22 so that their continued enrollment will be reported in a timely manner to the National Student Clearinghouse. Requests for spring-term extensions will be accepted between November 15 and December 15, and students with loans or receiving Federal Aid should submit them by November 22.

Preview Form